geopoetry said: I wanna come playyyyyyyyy!
Hop on a plane and head to the concho! we’ll save a tube for you
today I’m spending one of the last days of summer at the river floating for hours on end and making a fool of myself on the rope swing
I have never night hiked before but tonight was perfect. The sky was beautiful, frogs were everywhere, and you could see the city lights to the north and east. Watching the sun set and the world slowly become dark was so beautiful. Tonight was picturesque.
Tara and I just went on a night hike and it was probably my favorite hike of the summer. I love the SA state park so much
I’m going to stop talking about my flawless environmental textbook soon but this thing is a work of art. there are so many awe-inspiring quotes about the universe, the author is a step above eloquent, and there are endless amounts of wonderful applications.
my Environmental Geology textbook and I are vibing right row
"Viewed in terms of billions of years, our role in Earth’s history may be insignificant, but for those of us now living, and for our children, our impact on the environment Is significant indeed."
this is essentially what I try to explain to people when they dispute climate change.
my university is killin’ me with its unprofessionalism lately. I love my department but come on, are all universities like this??
me every night: I’m gonna go to sleep early
2. How long have you known your best friend?
4. Were you a part of any “clique” in high school?
the dope as fuck environmentally conscious clique
6. Do you wish to travel a lot?
that’s all I ever think about
8. Show a sample of your handwriting:
here’s a scanned copy of a page from my chemistry notes (and if you’re wondering why I have this on my computer, it’s because I was nice and gave this guy my notes when he wasn’t there)
10. Do you like the way that you grew up?
my parents are amazing I am so blessed to have grown up in a such healthy and nurturing family so yes.
12. How did you meet your best friend and why did you become friends?
I sat with her friends the first day of seventh grade and I always asked her how she did her eyeliner so thin and perfect. it was seventh grade. do not judge me.
14. Do you prefer to read poetry, write poetry, or neither?
I like both equally but I have not written anything in a very long time.
16. What song are you currently listening to?
Night Beds’ Lorraine. he’s really all I ever listen to now
18. A random memory from you childhood:
This is going to sound crazy but I remember getting really angry at my mom for not letting me do something so I packed up my things in a blanket and planned to run away to the zoo because I thought I knew the exit to take. I think I was about six at the time
20. What was the last thing you watched on tv?
Fox news because my family’s a riot and doesn’t know how to catch up on current events. To be fair I was passing through and wanted to hear their stance on what’s happening in Ferguson.
22. Would you like to meet any of your Tumblr friends in person?
I want to hike and drink coffee with all of my lovely tumblr friends.
24. How many pillows do you sleep with?
I basically have a pillow fort on my bed because I like to feel really confined (idk, man I’m weird) so there’s seven right now.
26. What color is your hair?
28. What is your favorite soda?
dr. pepper because ~TEXAS~
30. How’s the weather right now?
32. Who do you miss right now?
no one in particular
34. Are you still figuring out who you are?
I think for the most part, I’ve figured myself out but I’m always learning and growing
36. What is your favorite restaurant?
Kona Grill is gr8
38. Would you ever adopt kids?
I would love to if I’m ever capable financially
40. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
I want coffee
42. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
my dad made this incredibly strange Russian dish once and I really couldn’t tell you what was in it so probably that.
44. What’s a band you’ve been obsessed with lately?
NIGHT BEDS ugh I’m in a bit of a love affair with that band right now. they’re perfect
46. Do you have a bucket list?
I guess but it’s not long at all and stays in my head rather than on paper
48. When was the last time you laughed so hard your stomach hurt?
50. 5 random facts about yourself:
1. I was born in England
2. hiking is my release. I love every second of it, even if it’s hot and my feet are killing me
3. I have a favorite rock in my local state park that I’ve nicknamed Earl (there’s a backstory but I feel lame explaining it)
4. I love eastern European history
5. I want to thru-hike the CT with my pup the summer of 2016
Thank you! And that’s great, at least one of us will be a bit less stressed (if that’s even possible in college). Good luck with your classes as well
Care to expand because I don’t quite understand what you mean?